Saturday, October 5, 2013

Birdhouse swap

Hi there happy crafty people:
"Oh what a beautiful morning!" (from one of my favorite movies Oklahoma!)
Why? Because He woke me up this morning. Woke my family up this morning. We're all healthy. Have a place to lay our heads.  And food on the table. Annnnnnd, it's my day off!!! LOL

Anyway, my friend Sharon S. and I have been doing our very own one-on-one swaps each month.  It keeps our creative juices flowing and it's been a load of fun coming up with new items to alter.

This month we actually did two.  She and I both made faux pas with the first item, which was an altoid tin. For me I ignored that little voice inside my head to "just leave well enough alone," and tried to fix something that really "wasn't broken."  Well NOW it's "broken."  Ooooops!

So we decided to move on to the next item, which was a birdhouse.  I had three that I could alter: small, medium and large.  I had already used patterned paper on the small one, which wasn't in the colors that I wanted to use for hers. And so I moved on to the medium birdhouse.  Well, I did it again...I tried to make a 'repair' to a reallllly small and minor mistake! And OOOOOPPPS again!!!! Hey, what can I say? I am very, very, very critical of my own work!  Then that deemed the other birdhouse way too big. What to do, oh what to do? (Insert lightbulb here)  I'll just make one from scratch! So, I really didn't "alter" the birdhouse. I created the birdhouse. Yay me!!! I was determined...and I worked on it well into the night to get it done .

 And this is the end result





(Products used: popsicle/craft sticks (sm/md), acrylic paint, alcohol ink, 
wood die-cut, scrap seam binding, actual piece of tree trunk, faux foliage)

This was a really fun project and I hope that Sharon likes it.
Thanks for looking!
Until next time,
Hugs+Kisses
Renee


No comments: