Wednesday, October 16, 2013

No -Sew Clutch Purse

Hi crafty people.

I just wanted to share a post on one of the things that I've been up to.

When I was much much younger, (keep that snicker and laugh to yourself!) a teacher in Jr. High School taught me how to make a purse without sewing.  And yes, this was in a Home Economics class.  I loved making them for my friends and sisters.  And then charge them $5.00 for them! Who knew how long they would hold up??  They weren't really made for heavy or bulky stuff.  They were more or less for "cuteness" when we went to parties.  But they did serve their purpose.  And they must've been pretty good, since my sister always wanted them made.  Sometimes I would glue them (and back then it was mainly cement glue!), sometimes I would actually sew them on a machine, and sometimes I would hand sew them. Old jeans was the favorite fabric of choice.  Always available.  Didn't make a difference if they were women's or men's jeans.  And occasionally my mother would let me use old curtains and sheets or my father's old shirts.

I decided over the past weekend that I'd try my hand at making one again.  No sew this time.  Using stitch witchery, hot glue, and Heat n Bond.

I had several place mats on hand that I decided would be the perfect size.  I added muslin for the lining of the purse/clutch and an acrylic flower (I haven't decided whether I will use velcro or a magnetic snap as the closure).

I added a couple of rows of coordinating lace to the back


I think that it would be great for a very dressy affair.  Especially when all you want to carry is your lipstick, cell phone, money and/credit cards.  The next one that I make, I want to add a strap for my wrist.

It took about an hour to make.  Not bad.  And to top it off, I think I've come up with ideas for Christmas gifts for the women in my life this year!  

Thanks for stopping by,
As always Hugs+Kisses
Renee



No comments: