Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Giant Flower Canvas

Hello everyone:

It feels like I've been away far too long!  Life has been busy, tiring, and go, go, go!  And even though I try my best to take some time out and craft something, anything every day; there's just never enough time in the day to do the tasks and get photos and post to my blog.

Sigh....retirement is just to far away!!! LOL

I've been wanting to do some small changes in home decor.  And so I figured that I'd like to check out Pinterest to see what others are up to.  Using decorative papers of course!  And while there, found a lovely canvas using paper to create an eye catching layout.  I had to try it.  It looked so very easy.  And it really was.  I stayed up well into the night and ended up creating a trio of canvasses.  (Of course I haven't had the time to hang them on the wall though....)
11x13

8x10

11x13





Recipe:  ColorBok Veranda patterned paper pack, burnt umber acrylic paint, ModPodge

I really like how they all turned out - the colors are so bright and cheerful, but not overwhelming for me and will more than likely make several others to be hung in different areas of the house once I come up with a different design.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave me some bloggy love.  I love hearing from you!

Hugs+Kisses
Renee





1 comment:

CraftySue52 said...

These turned out beautifully Renee...very pretty, vibrant colors. May have to try this!