Friday, February 19, 2016

Unity Stamp Company: Show n Tell #2: 2/18/16 - 2/25/16

Hi:

This is my entry into the Unity Stamp Company Show n Tell Challenge https://www.facebook.com/groups/434773279941105/.

This week, the challenge was to use the inspirational colors of RED and KRAFT.

Somehow, I always manage to make three or four cards whenever I join in on a challenge somewhere.  I think it's because I've gotten into the habit of not wanting to have "scraps" of paper around....they take up way to much space.

So here are the cards created today


For this challenge I used "Bernadette Girl" by the fabulous Angie Blom.  I always look forward to seeing what new stamps she'll come up with.  And these "Girls" are my favorites of all.

The base of the card was created using kraft cardstock and a brick stencil.  I inked the stencil with Stazon in Cotton White and Inkadinkadoo dye ink in red. And used a mask of the image to stencil in the background. The focal image was stamped in Stazon black.  I felt like it needed a little something and decided to add a flower pot using one of my Marvy flower pot punches.  I popped it up using dimensionals and added a few hearts as the flower centers.

You can find the stamp here @ https://www.unitystampco.com/?s=bernadette&post_type=product


For the second card, using the same image, I decided to ink the stencil in only the Cotton White ink. I used my Big Brush markers by Faber Castell to color in the image.  I like the way it left "splotches" where the background ink of the bricks are.  Sort of a "resist" effect.  For a little bit of interest I added a big daisy in kraft card stock over a die cut greeting.


While I had out some supplies, I whipped up this quick and simple card.  The base is the negative of the die cut hello.  I then die cut the hello greeting in red and made an inlay of the sentiment.  There was an embossing folder sitting on the desk..LOL..I decided to make a strip and color in parts of it after swiping my ink pad across the surface.


Thanks for stopping by
Until next time
Hugs+Kisses
Renee

No comments: