Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Life is always getting in the way!


I know, I know, it's been a really long time. But you know how it is. I have to do that dreaded thing that probably 99.99999 percent (no, not real statistics, but you catch my drift!) of the world doesn't want to do . . . work! Sure, I'd much rather spend my time sleeping, scrapping, shopping, or scrapping - did I say that part already??? Of course I did! I know what I want to spend my time doing. And, trust me, I don't wanna spend my time "working." But, alas, either I work to pay the bills, feed myself, clothe myself and be able to buy the things that I need to survive or I don't. So, yes, scrapping has been taking a back seat to work lately. I've gotta figure out how to combine the two and yup, you guessed it, get PAID.


I'd love to make real money scrapping...developing layouts and scrapbook pages and cards and altered art...all of which I truly enjoy doing...and get paid enough to live off of comfortably. Haven't figured it out yet. But as they say "I'm keeping hope alive!" I keep missing deadlines for things that I really wanna do in the scrapping world..... That's because work and life keeps getting in my way. Someday, someday very soon... I'll have it figured out. But until then...Work prevails. Keep me in your prayers! I have to admit that I make the time to sit down and do some scrapping as much as possible. I nag and fuss at my friends, who also have families that need taking care of, to take time for themselves. Trust me, you have to find time to do something, go somewhere or just be by yourself if that's what you want to do. Otherwise, you'd probably end up in the loony-bin. Been there. Done that. Don't wanna go back!


Christmas 2010 was a couple of days ago....it was a lovely, boisterous, family oriented day. Yes, Santa was very good to me (not to mention my wonderful children). I got almost everything on my list. I figure, hey, Mother's Day and my next Birthday aren't too far away....I can wait! Haha


I had every intention of completing Tim Holtz's "12 Tags of Christmas." And yet again, life got in the way....so only 7 were actually completed....Here's my favorite (although this pic is not the best, hopefully you can see it just fine). Maybe, just maybe I can finish the rest of the tags for 2010 sometime around May, 2011? Hey, I can dream can't I?
More to come...more often hopefully!
Hugs+Kisses

No comments: