Wednesday, May 15, 2013

That's Alterable!

Hi there folks!
The fun continues at Scraps of Color with monthly challenges of altering every day items.  And I'm back with another project. My intention is to complete all twelve months of these challenges.  This month we alter a frame.
$1.00 Store Wooden Frame

Since I wanted to try using the homemade modeling/textured paste, I decided that I'd try it on a naked wooden frame.  I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do, and I had no actual design in mind,  but you know when you have a piece of patterned paper that you've been holding onto for "something special"?  Well, a co-worker will be retiring at the end of the month and since I am unable to attend the celebration I decided that I would give her gift.  She has a beach house at the Jersey shore and I wanted to create something that she could have there.

That's Alterable May 2013
Decorated Wooden Frame
Supplies used:  Shells, ribbon, chipboard cut free hand starfish, modeling/texture paste, ModPodge, MuddPuddles snow/sand, Color Bok Textures patterned paper

I love this patterned paper.  It looks so real.  Like if you touch it, the paint would actually flake off!  And I really like the way it turned out.  I'm having fun playing with the paste too.  Just like a big kid! Haha.

Next month (June) we will be altering flip flops.  That should be loads of fun.  So be sure to come back to see what I come up with.

Thanks for stopping by and blessing me with some love, I really appreciate you!

Hugs+Kisses
Renee






No comments: