Friday, May 31, 2013

Swap event at Scraps of Color.ning

Hi everyone. Thanks for stopping by again.  Tell your friends to stop by and become a follower too....

I'd like to take the time to post pics of the swap items that were exchanged during the Pay it Forward swap event over at http://scrapsofcolor.ning.com/events/pay-it-forward-with-creativity-2013 where our hostess was Tiare (Classygirl).  First let me quickly explain how the event was organized.  When you sign up to attend, you would then make a crafted item  for the members that signed up "before" and "after" you.  You had four...yes FOUR months to get the item to your partners.  Easy peasy and straight to the point right? Gotta love that.  Therefore, the two ladies that I had to create for were Shirley and Mary J.  I took a month or two to decide what to make, but decided on altering wooden boxes.  I had a wonderful time deciding what to do to the boxes and really, really love how they both turned out!


This first box was created for Mary J. (I hope that she loves it....it was hard letting it go! LOL)
Products used:  naked wooden box from Consumer Crafts, naked wooden placque painted in black acrylic paint, Prima flowers, feather, Want 2 Scrap bling, Colorbok animal print patterned paper, 
MS butterfly punch, ModPodge, black acrylic paint, bling ribbon, 
metal frame painted black and covered with Glossy Accents





The second box was created for Shirley M. 
and again, I hope that she loves it too...
cause this one was hard to let go because my daughter tried to claim it as her own!!

Products used: naked wooden box from Consumer Crafts, metal frame painted in copper acrylic paint and covered with Glossy Accents, Want  2 Scrap bling, Colorbok patterned paer, TH Distress ink in Walnut Stain, ruffled ribbon, various mulberry flowers, bird that was cut in half from my stash, feathers, 
white acrylic paint,  MS butterfly punch, and ModPodge





I really wanted to create something that was feminine and pretty, but useful and something 
that they would absolutely love.  I hope that I've achieved that!

And plus, I reallllllly had a good time...Who could ask for anything more!?
Whaddya think?

By for now with Hugs+Kisses
Renee




2 comments:

Jo Ann said...

This is so wonderful. Love all the embellishments you incorporated and it's as feminine as it can be. Well done! Thanks for joining us at our neighborhood---613 Avenue Create. Hope you'll link with us again. God bless!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

msafrocentric2012 said...

You did a great job on my box and it shows that you had fun doing it. Once again thank you for being my swap partner.