Thursday, June 6, 2013

That's Alterable!

Hi crafty people (and those that don't know the crafty life!):

Just wanted to share a quick post on the latest project challenge going on at SOC.  This month we were to alter a pair of flip flops.  Now, when we were younger, we added things to our flip flops all the time, so it was fun to relive the past. 

Just so happens that when the summer rolls around I usually have already stocked up on dollar store flip flips; because you already know that you'll need every color that you can imagine for your summer wardrobe! Plus, I refuse to pay more than a dollar for a pair of flip flops - so when they start appearing in the stores right before it gets warm I start snapping them up...and always in sizes 8 and 10...that way there are plenty for me and my two girls.  I especially feel lucky when I can find the kind that don't have the little rubber "knobs" under the bottom of them.  They tend to wear down and pop at the most inopportune times! 

See the difference? 

But lucky me, I found a few (brown, black and white) last summer in my local Dollar Tree that didn't have those little rubber knobs under them! I'm hoping that I can find several more pair in different colors.


I decided to do a few pair...here they are:
 PomPom Flip Flops

 Lace and Flowers Flip Flops

Paper flowers, ribbon, flat back pearls and Butterfly Flip Flops



Like I said, this took me back to my younger days.  Those days when we wrote and drew pictures on our sneakers, cut our tee-shirts up so that they had fringes and decorated our flip flops with hair ribbon, flowers on bobby pins and such. Fun.  None of them took very long to do either.  It's amazing what you can make with E6000 glue, paper, ribbons, elastic, pompoms and other little things. 

Several of my nieces have seen them.  And you know what that means right? I'll have to get more done by the weekend.  And lucky me...they wear the same sizes that me and my own daughters wear! 


Thanks for stopping by!
Muwaaaah!

Hugs+Kisses
Renee


No comments: