Friday, September 20, 2013

Altered Paint Brush

Hi all;

In an earlier post, I gave some details on how I was creating an altered paintbrush for the September Altered Paint Brush Swap going on over at http://scrapsofcolor.ning.com/events/altered-paint-brush?id=4098125%3AEvent%3A1182433&page=10#comments.

Hopefully, my swap partner, Maxine has received the altered paintbrush that I created for her.

And here it is...


Products used: paint brush, white/coral acrylic paints, white glue to crackle the paint, 
Want2Scrap bling, ribbon and lace from my stash, 
mulberry flowers, stick pin, and K&Co Charlotte card stock

It was something new.  Something that I've definitely never tried  before.  But it was fun; once I got the hang of assembling the brush! It took a couple of tries to take apart the brush without damaging the parts that I actually wanted to use.  I didn't use a lot of embellishments as I didn't want to make it too bulky.  So there are very few inside the mini-album.  It took couple of tries to get the mini album in straight.  But once I figured out how - without bending or squishing the card stock the rest was pretty easy!

I hope she likes it!

Until next time
Hugs+Kisses
Renee


1 comment:

CraftySue52 said...

Pretty altered paint brush...has a vintage feel to it...like the stick pin.