Thursday, September 26, 2013

Altered Doll Furniture Pt.2

Hi all:
Hope all is well in your craft-land!

In a recent post I said that I would be back to show the end result for altering the little piece of doll furniture that I found at my local thrift shop.

I covered the piece in tan gesso, and after giving it a coat of glue to create the crackle effect, I added black paint.  I decided to keep the embellishments minimal and only added several mulberry flowers and a couple of leaves cut from a doily; along with a scrap piece of doily to mimic a towel or whatever your imagination chooses.

I think that it turned out rather cute!
                                                       

I made another little "I can alter this" discovery this past weekend.  I'll be working on that this weekend.  I'm thinking that I'll create it to match a piece that I did for my daughter's new house....

Until next time
Hugs+Kisses
Renee

1 comment:

msafrocentric2012 said...

Nice finish. You are an altering diva.