Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Did You Know?

Hi all:

Did you know that this Saturday, October 5th is World Card Making Day?

Isn't that great? A day devoted to US.
WhooHooooooo!!!!

So, this is the absolute perfect day to dig into my scrap-stash and create-a-way.  And my goal is to get at least twenty cards done. I'm not sure how that's gonna happen since I'll be helping my daughter continue packing and moving things into her new house.  But that's my goal.  I guess that means that I'll have to pack a bag as if I'm going to a crop, so that when I sit still long enough to take a break from the move, I can get in some scrapping.  I'm thinking that if I keep most of the cards clean and simple, I can do it!  Whaddya think?

I was thinking that it's a perfect time for us card makers to get started on those holiday cards; Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas!

And if you didn't know, there's a contest being held over at http://www.worldcardmakingday.com/index.html.  I may be reading too fast to see it; but I think that there's still a chance to enter.  Some of the sponsors are Spellbinders, Close to My Heart, and BasicGrey. The plan is to get started on a card as soon as I walk through the door to my house!  I am so on it! LOL
But did you take a peek at the prize pack???  "Be still my FAST beating heart!"  That's a lotta yumminess isn't it!?  And since I've been such a good girl and haven't been buying scrap supplies, I want it...I need it...I gotta have this....sigh.

ANNNNNNNNNNNND! or should I say BUUUUUUUUTT?  Did you know that when you enter this contest http://www.worldcardmakingday.com/index.html, you have to submit your entry by mail?????? Well, I didn't. Darn. I don't know about you, but I like to use up scraps, bits and pieces and "mistake" pieces for a lot of cards that I'm just testing out.  So when I say sometimes they're put together 'shoddily' or barely glued together, I'm dead serious.  And yet the design turns out great.  But, there's no way I can mail the entry that I took the time to put together and photograph.  It wouldn't survive in the mail! LOL.

The good news is that I/We have until (Oct. 15th POSTMARKED).  So I may have time in my "there's not enough time in the day or week" life to get another card made.

Anyway, from one scrappy sistah to another (and you too my scrappy brothas if you're kind enough to grace me with your presence!) HAPPY WORLD CARD MAKING DAY!

I hope you get a chance to submit an entry and possibly win.  It would  be a wonderful thing for any of us!

Let's get our scrap on!

Until next time
Hugs+Kisses
Renee

No comments: