Thursday, October 31, 2013

Mark's Finest Papers 12 Days of Christmas: Day 9

Hi all:

This is Day 9 for http://marksfinestpapers.blogspot.com/2013/10/12-days-of-christmas-challenge-day-9.html.  And the challenge is to create a popsicle stick sled.

I couldn't seem to get it together tonight.  I'm usually pretty good at creating things from scratch....this is something that should've taken me a 1/2 hour at the most.  But instead, it  took me more like an hour.  It could be that I was distracted.  SCANDAL was on!  Need I say more?!?!?

Anyway, here is what I came up with when I finally got it done

Products used: popsicle / craft sticks, McGill Holly punch, 
the little mittens were cut free hand, and random silver thread twine from my stash


You can't tell from the picture, but the bottom of the "sled" is actually "curved."  I put the end of the sled in about an inch of water to  soften the sticks and then took my time in bending them upwards.  You have to  be careful though, they're quite easy to break with too much force.


Just a few more days to go....
so, until next time
Hugs+Kisses
Renee

No comments: