Monday, July 15, 2013

Altered

Hi good and crafty people:

I just wanted to share a quick project with you all.

It's summer time! Yippee!! Yay!!! Hooray!!!! And it has definitely been a hot one here in Philly....Sometimes I feel like I'm melting.  But hey, I'm not complaining - at least not yet.  I'm not usually a "summer time kinda gurl."  I'm more of an "in between spring and summer kinda gurl." LOL.  Give me 75 degrees, no rain, bright sunshine, a lukewarm breeze and I'm a happy chickadee!  However, anytime that I can come out of the ten layers of clothing and feel like I'm not weighed down is Summer. You know how it is....less clothing.  So, you gotta take the good with the bad...La dee dah!  And although it's been really hot, it's been raining a lot. And I guess because we've had so much rain in the past few months the flowers are really blooming. There are flowers, flowers, flowers, everywhere - on desks, in windows, on steps, in the parks, in the supermarkets, at the bank,  on clothing, even in hair.  Aaaahhh, beautiful flowers. I love flowers. Don't you?

So lately, everything that I've made has incorporated flowers one way or another (of course right?).  Well, because it's summer, that means bar-b-ques...lots and lots of bar-b-ques!  You know you're gonna wear one of your fiercest summer outfits, but it still needs a little something....

I have several plain cuff bracelets in my stash.  The kind that you can get for under $5.  And so I decided to alter one....here it is.....

For this one, I just added some mulberry flowers with a little hot glue and started piling them on!

I have a couple of "filigree" style white cuff bracelets too. If it weren't getting so late, and I didn't have to get up in the morning, I would get a start on that one too.  I already have an idea to make it pretty "monotone." Basically white-on-white. Goes with everything right? LOL

Anyway, thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate your support!
Hugs+Kisses
Renee

No comments: