Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Finishing "Unfinished" Projects

Products used:  pre-primed 8x10 canvas, homemade modeling paste, Want2Scrap bling, 
Copic markers, Ranger Fine Glitter in Diamond


Hi everyone:
I don't know about you, but I really do have craftingADHD.
I tend to jump from one project to another.  That's what happens when you have ideas just bouncing around in your head! LOL.  I could be working on a project, something will pop into my head - distracting me, I'll drop that because I start thinking about something else, and voila! on to the next project...sigh...and I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or a good thing....

But anyway, I started working on this canvas and got "distracted"...
I put on a coat of acrylic paint, got her paper pieced together, added her wings and then stopped....she sat, neglected, for a little over two months.

I heard her calling my name sometimes.  And I would pick her up and stare at her and even occasionally ask her what she wanted from me (although she wouldn't answer me), but eventually I'd put her right back in a corner somewhere.  

Well, she called my name around 4:00 am Saturday....must be the "Angel" connection...LOL.  She said that she didn't want much.  Just a little bit of attention.  She whined a little bit "come on, come on, finish meeeeee."  

So here she is!  Didn't take a lot to get it to where I wanted it either. And I really like how it - oops, sorry Angelgurl - I really like how SHE turned out.

By the way, when I finally climbed back into bed, I heard a small whisper of thanks....made me smile before I fell back to sleep


What do you think?
Hugs+Kisses
Renee

2 comments:

CraftySue52 said...

I think she turned out beautifully!

msafrocentric2012 said...

She came out beautiful. Good job