Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Challenge at Brown Sugar Blog

Hi friends:

Just wanted to quickly share a post of a  card created for a friend recently.

It's a step card. Which I find so easy to make (and you don't have to do a lot of measuring!)

I had this paper for such a long time, I can't even begin to tell you honestly what the name of it is, or who makes it.  But apparently, I 'hoarded' it...because there were only three sheets of the same paper still attached to each other (in plastic no less - LOL).  It's double sided, so it was perfect to make a side step card.  I added a birdcage/gazebo to the front, along with several little flowers and leaves from Spellbinders. The patterns are so "busy" by themselves that I didn't think that it needed a lot more embellishment.

And the more that I think about it.....I think that I held onto this paper because I think the pattern on both sides make it very useful for a male or female card.Which I don't find very often.  Leaves on one side, and a sorta plaid on the other side.  Not a dark blue, not a very light blue, but just the RIGHT blue!  Masculine and Feminine.  I just love it!

The patterns look really nice together don't you think?




Entering this card into the 
Anything Goes Challenge
Week of 8/9/2013


That all for now.  Please stop by again soon!

Hugs+Kisses
Renee

4 comments:

msafrocentric2012 said...

Hey Lady, just making my rounds. Don't ya just love these step cards? They are so easy to decorate. The pp is still pretty even if it is old.

cass said...

Pretty step card, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this Week

Gail said...

Thank you for entering the anything goes challenge at Brown Sugar this week - good luck on the draw - a new challenge starts tomorrow! Come join us! Gail DT

Mema's Crafts said...

I love this card. Very cute. As always we at Mema's Crafts appreciate you stopping by and joining in our challenge. Good luck in the draw and we hope you will visit often.