Thursday, August 22, 2013

That's Alterable!

Hi all:

The altering stuff journey continues over at all:http://scrapsofcolor.ning.com/events/that-s-alterable-challenge-2013.

This month we alter cans. Yup, cans. Soup cans, craft paint cans, veggie cans.  Any kind of can.

I decided to try out one of the new stencils that I received in the mail this morning that my friend Sharon was kind enough to send to me.  She has been cutting them on her Cricut with her latest cartridge buy.  I can tell that she's having a really good time making them, can't you? LOL


And I can't wait to try them all!


This is the can that I altered
 

Products used: soup can, gesso, texture paste, patterned paper, lace and stencil

This is the stencil that I used

Now I've got to say....I've been doing really good not buying a bunch of craft items that I don't really need...and trying to use what I've got....but being able to cut my own stencils sounds great...and seeing how much fun Sharon is having and how great they're turning out - realllllllly makes me want this cartridge!

I'll be good until I've used all of the ones that Sharon sent to me and the ones that I already own that haven't even been taken out of their packages...but I don't know how long I can hold out.  Besides, remember that I told you that my Cricuts and eBosser are collecting dust?  Maybe getting this cartridge will make me pull them out and actually USE them! LOL

Thanks Sharon for thinking of me....and your subtle and unaware hint to buy this cartridge....
Anyway, until next time
Hugs+Kisses
Renee

9 comments:

Sharon Sutton said...

Did you change your blog? Looks nice, happy blog birthday.
I glad you liked the stencils. I have not cut a 12 x 12 stencil yet but I will soon. Did you know you have to have the 12x24 mat to get close to the 12 x12 size or you just get an 11 inch.
congrats!
Sharon

Dainty Diva said...

Congrats on your Blogaversary! I do love stencils I have bought a few in my lifetime and I've made a few as well.

msafrocentric2012 said...

Cool stencils. I love using them on my altered projects. Happy Blogaversary

An'Jenic G. said...

Now this is cute. And I so need to join you all. I have a few things around the house I've been waiting to altered but have yet to do anything with. Cute project.

Treva said...

Renee, Happy Blogaversary!!! Love your altered soup, I can recall ever using stencils, great job; tfs!

CraftySue52 said...

Love those stencils!! Thanks for leaving some love on my site...that stamp came from Hot of the Press...it's a birthday set of clear stamps. Happy Blogaversary Renee!

WrinkleFreeDiva said...

Happy Blogaversary SOC Pal! Love what you can do with a can and a little gesso! Nice job. What Cricut Cartridge are we talking about here? Is it one I already have, or is it one that I SHOULD have? Do tell!

kscraps2 said...

Happy Blogaversary Renee! You do such wonderful altering work and this can is no exception.

Edie said...

Have a happy Blogaversary, Renee! Never thought of using my stencils on a can. Got to try it! Your can too cute!