Friday, February 21, 2014

Art Journal

Hello crafty people!
Just wanted to do a quick post of another journal page.  In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned that I have quite a few of the Prima Dolls, but tended to use the same one over and over again. I realized that I needed to pull out the others and start using them.  And so the art journal entry here is of a page that I created a couple of weeks ago.  I used the wing stencil from Sa Crafters along with homemade texture paste to give the wings a little bit of dimension.  The background was created by mixed several different inks into the gesso.  And I really like the grainy texture that the texture paste made this time.  I think that I didn't stir it well enough when I mixed it.  But I do like it.  I'll have to give mixing sand into the gesso or paint next time and see how that works out.


 



Thanks for stopping by.
As always, leave me some bloggy love so that I know that you were here!
Hugs+Kisses
Renee

3 comments:

Sharon Sutton said...

Love the wings. I look forward to see what you do with the other dolls.

NC Peach said...

Love this page, and that wing stencil! Great color with the gesso too!

Papercrafting Princess said...

Wow.....LOVELY!