Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Going back to an old favorite....

Hi there friends. I have a question for you. Do you ever have something in your artistic stash that you're crazy about, can't get enough of, and become happy every time you use....and then it fizzles out? Well, that's what happened to me. The long story short of it is that I used to love to doodle in water color paints. I wouldn't call myself an expert in it, but managed to sell a few things right off of my own house walls! Yay me!! But some years back, when I started doing scrap albums and other things, I kinda got away from using them. A couple of years ago, I bought water color crayons, and they sat, and sat, and sat in the drawer collecting dust. Well, I dusted them off this weekend and decided to play with them for a bit. I call this project "Primitive Flowers." They are basically quick doodle flowers with no rhyme or reason, LOL. I love how the colors become more vivid once you wet the paint. There are lots of mistakes going on in the project, but I figured out a few things while using them and will try my hand at using them again in the very near future. Thanks for stopping by Hugs+Kisses Renee

No comments: