Thursday, November 7, 2013

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges #51 - OOOOPS!!

Hi all:
Apparently, I didn't pay close enough attention to when this project should have been posted.  Which means that this card won't be entered into that challenge...but anywhoooooo....

It turned out to be a pretty nice day here.  Not too hot, not too cold.  Not expected. Just the way that I like it.  But according to the news reports tonight; that's about to change.....sigh....never, ever will you hear me say "I like the cold weather."  I am not a cold weather kinda gal.  So I'm not looking forward to the reports being correct - rain, wind, cold in the forecast. Uggggh!  That means layers of clothes.  Rain boots. Scarves. Hats. Gloves. And umbrellas.  All of that makes me one unhappy cookie.  Plus, rain makes me tired.  All I wanna do is sleep when it rains.  In all honesty, I wanna come back as a bear in my next life: hibernate from October to April.  But then on the other hand....how will I scrap if I'm a bear? LOL.

Anyway, in my "me, myself, and scrap" time, I created this quick little card for a challenge over at http://chocolatecoffeecards.blogspot.com/.  The challenge was to create a card with bugs and/or little critters.

I'm not usually one to make cards for children, but every now and then someone asks for a birthday card for a kid, andI try to keep a few on hand.  So this challenge just increased my stash. Yay me!

Unfortunately, my camera decided to die on me and I had to take the photo with my phone.  It's kinda hard to see the sentiment, but it's there, it says "You're Special."


Products used to create this card:  
Mariposa matstack cardstock in green/red, grosgrain ribbon, Bic/Primas markers, bling


Thanks for taking a peek!
Hugs+Kisses
Renee

2 comments:

Cara said...

Cute Card! I love your blog (I am a DT for the Outlawz and thought I would visit). I signed up to follow you because you sound like my kind a gal! FUN!
Hope to see more of you!
Cara
creativechaosbycara.blogspot.com

Papercrafting Princess said...

Oh so cute and adorable!