Thursday, November 28, 2013

MFP / SWAT Challenge #74

Hi all and Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope that all of you spent time with your loved ones, ate until your bellies were full and truly enjoyed the day and what it meant to all of you.  I know I did.  I spent yesterday preparing dinner with my daughter and my grandson and dog Maxx kept each other company and out of my way.  LOL. I'm one of those people that likes having company, but not in the kitchen while I'm cooking!  Today, was cold and blustery, but we were determined to catch some sales....

And today, this Thanksgiving, dinner was a little earlier in the day, as we didn't have any outside guests.  It was our usual strategy though.  Get the meal out of the way; then prepare to hit the streets looking for Christmas bargains.  The only thing that we didn't do was go out into the streets at 3:00am!  Which is the norm for us this time of year.  I do love the hustle and bustle of Black Friday shopping though.  Although this year, many stores had sales on Thursday evening.  We scoured the circulars, used the desktop computer and notepad to look for sales that we were determined not going to miss!  Like everyone else, I think that the economy plays a part in the sales at stores.  They've got to get ahead of the retail game!

Anyway, enough of that...on to the project.

This is the sketch for the week

And this is the card that I came up with.  I kept it pretty simple as I felt that the patterned paper was enough.


Well, it's been a very long 24 hours...and although I want to head down to the kitchen and make a plate of more delicious food...I'm feeling lazy...so I think I'm gonna head off to bed.  Hey, that kind of meal tastes even better for breakfast! 

Again, blessings to you and yours!
Hugs+Kisses
Renee




2 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful card; love the patterned paper you used. Thank you for playing along with us at MFP Sketch With a Twist Challenge.

Commercial Designers Little Rock said...

Greaat share