Sunday, December 8, 2013

MFP / Color Challenge: RedBlackWhite

Happy Sunday - Crafty People:
So glad to have you join me.

Guess what? It's snowing here in Philadelphia!  The weather forecast for today calls for snow, then a mixture of rain and snow....and COLD! I'm one of those people that doesn't want anything but sunshine to pour from the skies.  It's fine when I don't have to go out in it, but having to work for a living doesn't call for that now does it?!

Anyway, there's a challenge over at Mark's Finest Papers; http://mfpspeedytv.ning.com/page/scrapbook-challenge and as you know, I've been hanging out there joining in on challenges whenever I can.  Let's just say  they're keeping me on my crafting toes. LOL.

Anyway, this is the color challenge.  Each week Gemiel Matthews and her team will pick a color or several colors to create your project with.  This week the colors are Red, Black and White.  I have to admit that this is one of my favorite color combinations.  It can turn out to be a fun card or a very elegant card, depending on your design.  This week, I went for a more fun look:  (although I wasn't quite sure whether it should have been a card or a layout...I figure I can always cut the card in half and add to a layout right?)


I created a pocket card.  Of course, I've been using up as many scraps as I can.  I still can't believe how many scraps of card stock and patterned paper that I have.  I really thought that the last time I did a
de-stash, I got rid of the majority of it and donated to my grandson's daycare....apparently NOT.  I've been finding manila envelopes everywhere!

Anyway, the base was created with Color Bok Tuxedo card stock, a fun polka dot cardstock in black and white, more of that red and white gingham card stock and red ribbon.  I used my MS snowflake punch to make a few snowflakes and top the card off with a golden reindeer.

Be back soon....
Hugs+Kisses
Renee


No comments: